Friday, August 4, 2017

Destiny 2 Streaming Aint Easy

Constraints and Complaints



Coming from someone who has only started streaming I may be biased when I say, streaming aint easy. There are many moving parts when it comes to sound, video, and tons of ways to make the stream more appealing and more available to the public. If you search youtube you'll find episodes upon episodes devoted on how to stream. 

Xbox One and PS4 have simplified this process thanks to Twitch, and Mixer if you're on Xbox, but they removed the bells and whistles that make PC streams so appealing. So when Destiny 2 was announced on PC all the streamers cheered in unison.


But recently Bungie burst that bubble, or at least deflated it for most, when they released restraints that include OBS and XSplit. Bungie states that streaming software such as these will be incompatible with Destiny 2 to protect the code of the game. I unfortunately have to plead ignorance here so I'll quote them strait from their help forum.

"To help ensure that every player will have a fair shot at fun and glory in Destiny 2 on PC, we resist attempts by third-party applications to insert code into the game client."

If you know what this means then you're doing better then I am. All I see is a complicated process I just figured out, just got complicated again. Namely because my software of choice is OBS and now I hear Shadowplay will be the average streamers' choice for Deastiny 2.

So you better get ready, and get comfortable with Shadowplay if you plan to make the switch to PC. But make it quick if you want to be ready for the PC beta out August 29th. And although these restraints seem like unnecessary bumps in the road they seem like Bungie's attempts to protect their IP as they release it into the wild.

But what are your thoughts? Will you be experiencing Destiny 2 on PC or simply playing on counsel like me?









No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments system